Research Data Management at the University of Stuttgart
The Research Data Competence Center FoKUS supports all researchers at the University of Stuttgart and their partners in the management, documentation and publication of their research data and research software. Findable, accessible and easily interoperable reusable (FAIR) data and software are our goal. To this end, we work closely with data stewards and research software engineers at the institutes, the Clusters of Excellence SimTech and IntCDC and the Collaborative Research Centers (CRC 1313, CRC 1333, CRC TRR 161, CRC TRR 364) at the University of Stuttgart.
The guidelines on research data management can be found in the Research Data Policy of the University of Stuttgart The DFG has also issued guidelines on the handling of research data, which supplement the general codex to ensure good scientific practice. Some disciplines also have their own subject-specific guidelines on handling research data. The European Research Council provides informationen about Open Data Research and Datenmanagement Plans for Grantees of EU projects.
You need to write something about research data management in a project proposal? Are you dissatisfied with the findability or reusability of the research data generated in your area? Would you like to publish your research data in a citable form or archive it usefully?
We offer individual consulting on research data management throughout the entire data life cycle:
- For the planning of a research project (data management plan, application, planning of storage space)
- For the management and description of research data and research software
- For sharing research data
- For the publication of research data (selection of suitable repositories)
- For the storage and archiving of data and codes
As part of GRADUS, we offer a 1-day workshop on research data management for doctoral students.
For individual questions in working groups, institutes, faculties or courses, we also create shorter information events. We come to you and inform according to your needs, e.g. about:
- Re-use and Quote Data from Others
- Requirements of Research Funders for Research Data Management
- Data Management Plans for Horizon2020 Projects
- Description and Management of Research Data
- Citable Publication of Research Data
- Local Data Management
- Services around the Management of Research Data
- Legal Questions regarding the Use, Storage and Publication of Data
Tools and Services
We build an infrastructure for research data and research software at the University of Stuttgart and inform about existing services of the university, at state, national and international level.
Existing tools and services
- Research Data Repository DaRUS
- RePlay-DH-Client to document the research process on textual data (beta version). Project page RePlay-DH - Research Data in the Digital Humanities
- Services of the TIK for Storage, Backup and Archive of data
- F*EX for sharing of large amounts of data
- BW services
- RDMO instance of forschungsdaten.info for the creation of data management plans
Research data projects with the participation of the University of Stuttgart:
- National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI): Participation in the consortia NFDI4Ing (Base Services, Archetype Betty) and MaRDI (T4: Cooperation with other Disciplines)
- ReSUS: Reusable Software University Stuttgart
- SuSI: Sustainable infrastructure for research software on the example of DuMuX
- DIPL -ING: Research data management in the engineering sciences
- RePlay-DH: Research data in the digital humanities